If you know anything about popular culture, you know about Twilight and the hoopla surrounding the movie release yesterday - at midnight. 12:05 a.m. to be exact. Which was the show time on our tickets at Cinetopia, the only HD big-screen theater in the Portland/Vancouver area. I bought tickets online over a week ago for me and the Three Musketeers: Becca, Kristen and Ian. For the record, it was a really fun movie. The story is engaging and the characters are interesting. Filmed in Washington all along the west coast near the Hoh Rainforest at the Queets river (where we all camped last summer) and here in Vancouver, it has some sweeping cinematography including shots of the Columbia Gorge and our northern forests. Two thumbs up from The Momgoose.
Favorite characters (in order): Edward Cullen, Jacob Black, and Alice Cullen.
Favorite scene: the baseball game.
Favorite song: Supermassive Black Hole by Muse.
Really proud of Becca and Kristen for getting right up and going to school this morning since we didn't get home until around 3 a.m. after our opening-night adventure.
If you weren't aware of our nerdiness before, you just haven't been paying attention.
(postscript) But wait - there's more.
Just for perspective, I also launched my new work website last night. I was hired by my company 9 months ago specifically to design and manage this project, so it is kind of a big deal.
The last 10 weeks have been insane as I have been working through my evenings and weekends just to stay even close to deadline. On Thursday morning, after a grueling 12-hour work day the day before, I woke up with inflamed tendons. I worked all day with an ice-pack intermittently strapped around my right wrist. Yee-haw.
This is just Phase I of the new design and the launch went off flawlessly last night from 8:00 - 10:30 p.m. I couldn't be more pleased. And relieved.
Phase II is already in progress. Launch deadline: May 1, 2009.
So here it is, the new design. All shiny and new:
www.psoriasis.org
Sherri
1 comment:
The website looks great, Sher, way to go!
Post a Comment