Thursday, April 16, 2009

raiders of the lost tiki-monks

My new office came with a trio of creepy tiki-monks that I was told must be kept or risk invoking some evil curse on our department. And since I am the last one to be hired, I have no one to kick them down to. Which explains how they ended up in my office - the last empty one.

So here they are. Larry, Moe and Curly (Curly is the really dark one on the right, I think). I put them up on the shelf kind of behind my door and then put my plant, Clyde, all anaconda-like around them to simulate jungle growth. The lost temple of Tiki-monks. No curse for me.


The campus is beautiful. St. Helen's has fresh snow. Here is today's shot as I walked over to get a cup of coffee from the student cafeteria. No Starbuck's here - college student coffee is very much like bad 12-step meeting coffee. What doesn't eat your stomach from the inside will only make you stronger. Hoffman girls RULE.

~ Sherri

No comments: