Monday, May 11, 2009

extreme sheep herding

A long time ago, I was a dog groomer. Poodles, terriers, cocker spaniels. It's true. As a result, I became really good friends with one of the other groomers, Pam. She lived on a couple acres just outside of Hill AFB, and I lived just up the hill - right under the flight path to the AFB runway, to be exact. Pam had a border collie named Bob (named so because he had no tail) who was so persistent about herding anything that moved that she finally bought him a flock of ducks that he would herd to and from the pond at the back edge of the horse pasture.

Bob has since made it into several of my stories, most notably as himself (Bob - played by Bob) in the burning cockroach story - A Burning Thing (published in Dark Sky magazine summer 2007).

This video totally reminds me of Bob. I couldn't pass it up without sharing it somewhere.



Sherri

No comments: