Trying to contain all the craziness here. Chinese takeout and popcorn for dinner. The dishwasher is running. Nothing on TV. Too sleepy to start a movie and too tired to go over to my friend Mary's for Movies on the Wall tonight. Kids are all out for the evening doing their kid thing. Rick is living it up in Flagstaff, AZ. What a life.Becca started her first job this week as a part-time staff photographer at my school. Now all my little ducklings are employed. Even though Missy is trying to get a new job, she is technically still employed.
Rick is still in AZ doing the carpentry thing. It's a slow job, so he's been to the Grand Canyon twice, Phoenix and a drive-by of Sedona today.
I am still liking my job, working the 9-to-5, doing the mom thing and holding down the fort in Rick's absence. Last week I went to see my doctor, and she cut my blood pressure meds in half since I am doing so well. It has been the goal to be more healthy since last November when she first put me on them, so this is a good milestone. One of the side-effects is that none of my clothes fit (too big), so at some point I will have to break down and buy some new ones. The consequences to the contrary seemed far worse, so it's not so bad.
Looking forward to seeing Lori and Jeremiah and troops next week. Papa's birthday is next Sunday. We are all excited to meet the twins. Lor says Caleb broke the 6 lb mark this week: 6 lbs 1 oz. Peter is close behind. Look at 'em grow.
So my wild evening ends with tea and maybe a chapter in my latest book - re-reading Hiroshima Diary. I first read it when I was about 11 from Papa's library. Even though I was young, it touched me deeply. I found a first edition at Powell's a while ago. Just reading it again now. Still deeply moving.
Life is good. Definitely good.
Sherri
No comments:
Post a Comment