I get thinking that I am too busy, and I usually always regret the two minutes it would have taken me to stop to take a breath and enjoy my life. Today I rushed out of my office and off to the dentist where I waited for 20 minutes in a closed waiting room next to a woman who kept sniffling. I should have stopped to take this photo myself because it is exactly what St Helens looked like from the parking lot at my school. I was lucky that someone else captured the first snow on the mountain.
Our weekend at Rainier was rained and snowed-out. Rick's climbs were canceled first, and then we polled the children about camping in the rain, the rain report increased, the snow level dropped, and we bailed on our plans. Next year.
Instead, Rick and I went and saw District 9. Good flick. Invokes thought. I was on edge for the entire movie - it's like that.
I am starting another round of writing class tomorrow evening. My goal is still to have the entire novel ready for submission by end of year. Spent much of the long weekend writing and revising.
But for tonight there is a pause in my headlong rush. Rick and I visited the local detox center and spent some time talking to some people there. People just like me. And time talking to my dear friend Ronnie - the girls fondly refer to him as their Mexican Godfather. It reminds me that my life is sometimes too amazing for words. My husband is the love of my life. I love all of my children and grandson - Trey, Nichole, Missy, Rebecca, Ryan and Kristen. All. And there are great miracles in my life every day.
Like seeing the first snow on Mt. St. Helens. Beautiful.
Sherri
No comments:
Post a Comment