Monday, May 10, 2010

mother's day

Waffles were the order of the day on Sunday, Mother's Day. And espresso and flowers. I either saw or heard from all of my darling children today, and I love them all dearly. I even got to talk to my own mother during her busy day in Utah between doctor guests and grandkids.

Rick climbed Mount St. Helens with the Mazamas. He served as the assistant on the climb and had a great climb and reached the summit. Traditional dress for the climb on Mother's Day is a dress your mother wore, so you'll see some of they guys in lovely gowns. Rick says his mother never wore a dress, so he meant to take his Hawaiian shirt because that's where she was born, but in his rush to get out the door, he left it on the rocking chair by the door. He's still adorable. And he's my hero for chasing after his dream of climbing mountains and succeeding. There he is, at the top.

I love my family.

The Momgoose


No comments: