Thursday, January 8, 2009

Did you feel that?

I did. Just a little 4.5, about 70 miles from here...but being that I'm on the 7th floor, I really felt it.

Good news: the teevees showed up today.
Bad news: the teevees showed up today.

I had an asthma attack last night. I can't remember the last time I had one (as evidence: the albuterol inhaler I dug out of my first aid kit and used last night expired 4 years ago), and I'd forgotten how physically draining they are. Then, my lungs were still a little sensitive when the teevees showed up this morning, so unloading the truck wasn't exactly what I'd call fun. Add the regular workload to that, and by the end of the day I was just wiped out. When the quake happened (7:49PM) I wasn't quite sure if the room was moving or if I was feeling woozy. Again.

This time, it was the room...

Good news: the teevees showed up today.
Bad news: the teevees showed up today.

Since they're here, I'll be done and home a week from this coming Saturday...barring some other unforseen fiasco. But I was looking forward to spending some time visiting my little sister (who lives less than 10 miles away), her husband, and their new baby boy, and now there's less time for that.


Good news: the teevees showed up today.
So now I can get away from this, and breathe easy...
literally.


Bad news: uhhhhhhhhh...what's bad about that?

1 comment:

Sherri H. Hoffman said...

It's always so nice to be able to see what you're breathing. I hope you are able to drag yourself away from lovely so. calif. at some point and come home. We all miss you. Some of us more than others...