![]() |
| The Pacific University Boxer - it's a dragon |
My 10-day residency on campus at Pacific University flew. So much learning. So many amazing writers. Every night I went to bed in my harder-than-a-rock dorm bed and felt blessed for the opportunity.
I read, wrote and workshopped writing. Classes from 9am - 5pm, readings from 7 - 10pm. Some nights there was the post-reading party, followed by the post-post-reading-party. Homework every minute in between.
I'd give up all the marketing jobs in the world to go back indefinitely.

But before that, Papa and Grandma came to visit during Rose Festival weekend. We hiked Wahclella Falls, watched the Dragonboat races on the Portland waterfront, partied with the entire family to celebrate all the June birthdays and Father's Day.

Rick and I also took them out to a unique Portland restaurant - completely vegetarian/vegan - and no one went away from the table hungry. Papa says the only problem is that now all his local friends want to take him to their vegetarian/vegan restaurants. Ha!
As for the spinning part, I spent several weeks with my driving privileges revoked due to four long days of what the doctors all call "labyrinthitis." (Like I should be watching for David Bowie to appear at any minute.) It's a form of vertigo, and seriously, the world spun like I was on a perpetual ride of the Wild Teacups. Vomiting included. I couldn't get off the floor where I had fallen and Rick thought it was a stroke, called 911. Several hours in the hospital later, a cocktail of medications had the worst of the symptoms under control and we went home. Glad that's over - hope it never returns.Gearing up for the Big Party in August: Papa's 70th Birthday Bash. So excited. It will be the first time in years the whole family is together - our attempt three (is it three?) Christmases ago came close, only lacked Rick and Merissa.
Dress-shopping for the party tomorrow with the girls. On with the adventure.
The Momgoose

No comments:
Post a Comment