Monday, October 31, 2011

halloween

Seriously. They weren't kidding when they said life comes at you fast.

Worked both jobs today, and it was nearly 7pm as I'm at the store to buy trick-or-treat candy. Watched football curled up on the couch with a migraine, homework undone.

I'm not really complaining. I signed on for it all. It's just sometimes a bit overwhelming.


Best quote from today is from the head-to-toe tie-dyed owner of the embroidery shop in Rainier, Oregon where I picked up an order of hats for the company rebranding project:

"I look out my window this morning, and there's a horse standing right there," she says. She points to the curb in front of her shop where her truck is now parked.

"The sun was just coming through the morning clouds, shining on the river. Tule fog laying in the folds of the earth. And I think, 'life is pretty damn good.'"
Agreed.

Hangin' in.

sherri

No comments: