Monday, January 12, 2009

portrait of a family

You gotta wonder if the parents really thought through all the extended long-term repercussions of having seven children. Who knew it would be like this?

Regardless, here we are in all our glory - sans Rick and Missy :-(

(Although Rick says he knows someone who could photoshop them both in...)



I love all the little kids on the bottom step. They are totally adorable.



And somehow we got away without a picture of all the little girls with their shoes on their hands. I think that was the best pose of all.

Hoffman girls rule! Of course, we missed Rick and Squid. It was quite a week-long adventure between the road-trip challenge, the snow, the family-hopping between Roy and SLC, and feeling a bit of our cultural diversity. Kind of like the story of the city mouse and the country mouse - only more like the PAC-NW blue river crabs and the Utah red desert crabs.

So here's the rest of the sibs, etc. (How did Lor and Jer escape these shots?)

Debbie, Brian, Hannah, Megan and Alex

Brad, Susan, Jonathan, Maggie, Katie, Ben and Matthew

Sandra, William, Amelia and Lilly

Amy, Seth, Sam, Ellie and Jayne

Scott, Amy and Susanna

(listed most logically by height)
Brad, Scott, Papa, Debbie, Amy, Sherri, Lori, Sandra and Grandma

We're already looking forward to the next family adventure.

Sherri

3 comments:

Merissa Jensen said...

I love our family.

Rick Hoffman said...

Your family loves you, leggy one...

The Egg Basket said...

I'm so glad you posted these. I can't believe how old all the "little" kids are getting. Very classy looking crew. I, for one, am very glad you braved the trip... next time, however, don't forget to remove the spoons!